We built BookVibe because we love discovering new, unexpected books.
In 2013 we extracted millions of book discussions (with unprecedented precision) and helped people all over the world find great new reads. But what slipped through the cracks?
We used another piece of our technology to find out.
Once we extract a book-related tweet, we analyze the sentiment of those 140 characters to measure readers’ overall opinions about the book. We rate this on a scale of 1-5 stars (you might have seen this on one of our Book pages or on your personal bookstream page).
We noticed that some titles have extremely positive sentiment scores (4 out of 5 stars and above) but don’t have the sales figures or volume of tweets to match. These titles aren’t widely known but have delighted everyone that has read them. We think these books are massively under-rated and deserve to be discovered by a wider audience.
We sifted through every book published in 2013 to come up with our list of 2013’s most undiscovered titles. We’re revealing the first half of the list today and the remainder on Monday.
What do you make of the list? If you’ve read any, do you agree with the high opinion other readers have of them? What else would you have included?
Bookvibe’s Top 10 most undiscovered titles of 2013
10. Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience Dr. Steve Maraboli
-Uplifting words from a top motivational expert
Check out the author’s bookstream: http://bookvibe.com/people/SteveMaraboli
9. Johnny’s Girl by Page Toon
– Highly readable short story from the Meg and Johnny series that will leave you wanting more!
Check out the author’s bookstream: http://bookvibe.com/people/PaigeToonAuthor
8. Bonkers: My Life in Laughs by Jennifer Saunders
– The hilarious story of Jennifer Saunders, Britain’s much-loved star of Absolutely Fabulous
Check out the author’s bookstream: http://bookvibe.com/people/ferrifrump
7. The Humans: A Novel by Matt Haig
– Touching and warm observations of the human condition from the point of view of an alien species
Check out the author’s bookstream: http://bookvibe.com/people/matthaig1
6. Dr. J: The Autobiography by Julius Erving
– Brutally honest account of the double life of a transformational basketball icon
Check out the author’s bookstream: http://bookvibe.com/people/OfficialDrJ6
And remember to check back Monday for the second half of the list!